Monday, March 29, 2010

A Blog In Parts: Pi, Papa Pi, Papa Pi.... Ding Dong!

When I was still a student, I pretty much opted out of out-of-town trips and such. I had no life outside of Cagayan de Oro before I got my degree.

So when we had two days to kill before my workaholic friends returned to work while I left with the rest of the GerMen for Palawan, I joined the minibus city tour and explored Cebu like the newbie tourist that I was. I've been to Cebu a couple of times before but only on a I-have-a-connecting-flight basis. All I had ever seen was the inside of Mactan International Airport and some mall where I bought tickets for a boat trip back to Cagayan. Like I said, I had no life before finishing medical school.

Anyway, nothing that amazing. Just monuments and stuff. Bought dead starfish at a souvenir shop thing in Mactan, along with a sling bag that will eventually go to my sister. Our last stop was at some beach resort where some of the GerMen rented jet skis while Dennise and I took pictures. Well, mostly Dennise telling me to take pictures. Then me nagging her to go get my mango shake. We have a symbiotic yelling relationship. ^_^

We capped the day with dinner at Crown Regency and the famous Skywalk. They basically attach you to some cables and you walk around the perimeter of the building's 34th floor. Being a mountain-dweller (of Zafra Heights), it wasn't that scary except when the wind got too strong. In any case, it looked pretty safe. BUT... Atty. Marisse Lico (of Lico Lane) refused to sign the waiver. She reviewed it for the longest time and just flat out refused to sign it. O diba? Lawyered. (But she signed it after the walk so she could get her certificate. Hihihi...)

So we got our certificates, proof that we can stand six feet from the edge and thinking... it's sooooo faaaaar down. ^_^

And then the strangest thing. There we were, Dennise and I, just outside of Starbucks when this guy comes up and asks, nay, insists on having his picture taken with the both of us. And he even had the gall to make Karsten take the picture. Can you believe this guy?!

LOL! Animas...

If you're not laughing (or cursing or itching to scratch my eyes out), then you probably don't have any idea who Ding Dong Dantes is and that whole joke was wasted on you. Of course, we gloated about this to Marisse and the rest, who left mere
minutes before Ding Dong arrived.

If there is anything about Cebu that I will remember until the day Parkinson's fries my brain, it will be the Ding Dong photo. (And also Dennise's wedding. eep...)

Edit: Due to insistent German demand, I have to mention that the photo I posted was the second photo with The Doorbell, as Karsten likes to call Ding Dong. The first one was taken with Dennise. What happened was that I was fine with sharing the photo with Dennise but she was all, "No! Me first with Ding Dong then you!", while shoving me out of the frame.

Okaaaay.

1 comment:

Karsten said...

you should mention that your picture with the door bell was the second one. He insisted to have the first picture taken with Dennise :-P