Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day Off Madness


It was my day off yesterday and I made use of the time for errands and things. Go to the bank, pay bills, take care of
PhilHealth matters... boring things that needed to be done.

I had some time to kill before the electricity came back (We have scheduled power interruptions now. It's like Palawan minus the beaches.), so I went to the nearest mall. I had planned to just window shop, maybe buy a shirt or two, get milk from the grocery or something but this Japan Store just opened. And it looked pretty (for all that pretty is to me) so obviously, I had no choice but to go in.

It was a mess of items from pet toys to artsy-fartsy things to kitchenware. I loved it. I spent more than 500 pesos buying stuff on a whim.


That gray plastic thing I placed inside one of my cabinet drawers so I could organize the stuff inside the drawer. So okay, still a justified purchase.

I bought the mirror for the table beside my bed so I wouldn't have to get up to comb my hair. Purchase for the sake of laziness.

The scissors, well, you never know when you have to cut something. And of course it has to be 3 pairs. One really big one for huge cutting needs. One small one for the bedside table. And one spare for, I don't know, when my sister loses the one on the bedside table (again).

Since I have no qualms about eating in my room, I constantly find myself needing to throw something away. Hence, the tiny trash can. Dull looking thing. I might buy myself some stickers and sparkly things to pimp it up.

Then we have the spools of thread in every color of the rainbow. Because we all know I have mad sewing skillz. *snerk*

The pink basket thing... still deciding on what I'll do with it. Just thought I needed a pink basket in my room, okay?

As for the screwdrivers, they were purchased in anticipation of a need to screw something.

What?! I bought a deadbolt for my door to keep pesky cousins out and it had screws on it. Anyway, my mom was wondering what was up with all the racket in my room. Intermittent hammering and general grunting (haler, I don't exactly have Lou Ferrigno's upper body strength) but I managed to install the deadbolt perfectly. I did sweat a bit. The last time I had to screw something in was when I was first assist in a hip replacement surgery and even then, I had access to high power drills.

There were a whole lot of other things I wanted to buy but really, buying a mouse trap simply because I play MouseHunt would be a bit much.

But there was this one mouse catching device that made me laugh. It's not so much the glue trap that entertained me but the loyalty, brotherhood and genuine helpfulness of mice towards each other. Brother, save yourself! (LOL. I'm crazy man oi...)

Anyway, the next day off will be spent with 4R and Friends so my usual nerdy endeavors will have to take a backseat.

No comments: