Thursday, June 03, 2010

It Sucks In The City

I don't know if it's me or a lack in adequate levels of estrogen but somehow, watching the sequel of Sex and the City left me with a headache and for some reason, feeling unbelievably pissed.

Forget the ridiculous outfits. I don't claim to be some sort of fashion guru but I think it only rational not to wear stilettos while having a picnic in the middle of the fucking desert.

Actually, no. We can't forget about the outfits because that's basically what the entire movie is about. One big production on frequent costume changes. Take that away and we're left with 4 weepy females with shallow non-problems. They tried to redeem it by all that talk about how hard motherhood can be especially with busty Irish nannies but then they completely obliterated that sentiment by having a scene with Middle Eastern women wearing this year's spring collection under their abayas then trying to foist it off as some sort of Girl Power Movement.

And then there's Carrie. Oh my god, Carrie. I want to smack her in the mouth. I don't want to be all spoiler-y because Karsten still wants to watch it but really Carrie?! Your biggest problem is that your husband gave you a flat screen TV?!

And, as if I couldn't possibly hate this movie even more, Miley Cyrus shows up for a cameo. Please shoot me. No, shoot Miley.

I know I haven't blogged in a month but that's because I have other important things to do. I just had to air this out because some things are just worth ranting about. ;)

And one last thing, for the love of God, who the fuck wears heels at home?!

1 comment:

Brennan said...

She can't sing by the way. So I hope she did well in her cameo.