Friday, October 15, 2010

A Public Proposal: A GWNN Special

There are only three ways a wedding proposal in front of a crowd will go down. Either she says Yes because she really wants to marry you, or she says Yes because she's pressured into it by the mob you hired to cheer you on, or she flat out says No and leaves you with an engagement ring still caked in, well, cake.

But whatever the outcome, serious preparation always comes before the actual proposal.

I spent yesterday sifting through GWNN chat transcripts for 2010 and most of 2009. And I noticed that group chats lately have been few and far in between. For this year, it's been mostly Dennise and myself. Oh, I'm sure the other 2 girls also chat with each other and with Dennise but I don't have transcripts of those and I'm pretty sure they're not OC enough to actually save every session.

GWNN chat night has been a tradition since 2009 and lately, we keep postponing it. I keep planning but there's only so much rejection a person can take. I'm not sure why we've stopped doing it. We talked pretty much about everything but no matter what we talked about, it was always fun. Anyway, before I bully you girls into a chat night, I just wanted to remind you of the past year in chat...


HEALTH

Dennise: far? u there? u ok? u still sick?
Farina: here. Not sick anymore.
Dennise: yey! how did u do it???
Farina: Because I willed it to be so...

Julette: oh gawd, now i have a file on my laptop titled topless HAHA
Farina: just delete it after you see it.
Julette: hahaha! Saw it!! Not bad. Sure, dili washboard abs pero huggable kaayo. Imagine tapping THAT. lol.
Farina: tap tap tap
Julette: HAHAHAHAHA

Dennise: People stare at us in the tram!
Marisse: Why do they stare?
Dennise: Because grabe among cough ni Danie! Mura bitaw, unsa man ni mga foreigners oi!
Farina: Don't they cough in Germany?
Dennise: It's different when a foreigner coughs
Farina: You cough with an accent?

Dennise: Far try ha to get more votes! Karsten is beside me asking
Farina: Will harass nurses later sa hospital. Will sit them down in front of my laptop and make them login. Hahaha! Abuse of power kaayo.
Dennise: LOL. Do that! Shet, I can imagine that oi. As in Far, I can imagine na you sit them in front of your laptop and let them log in and walk them through the whole process!!!! LOL. Just like maka-imagine ko, actually, dli ko maka-imagine that's why I wanna see you barking orders in your turf ba.
Farina: I don't bark orders. I GIVE THEM IN A KIND SOFT VOICE DAMMIT! Hihihi..
Dennise: i was about to say not barking. but also not in a meek voice, heller. That just won't work. Not sexy doctor in action!
Farina: Haler, di jud sexy. Unsaon.
Dennise: i want to see u "barking" orders . i think i will day dream about that. But I'm having a hard time integrating into the daydream na you get all doctory while you're here in Germany. Like dili man ko ka daydream ug accident kay heller simbako palayo.
Farina: It's not like I'll just go into some random hospital there and start giving orders. Inamaw, ipapriso pa lang ko.
Dennise: LOL. ROFLOL. IPAPRISO! LOL! Random hospital barking orders. Tooooo funny!
Farina: hihihihi
Dennise: hahay.. I keep laughing and ana si Karsten "Why don't you share it with me?" Ana ko, "It won't be funny anymore." LOL!
Farina: LOL! Kaluoy sa imong bana. Gaka-imagine nako nga halos maglasong na ka ug katawa and Karsten is just looking at you, not understanding and begging to be let in on the joke
Dennise: lol. now lol again!!!!!!
Farina: Hahaha! Undang na oi! Sige katawa.
Dennise: LOL! too much

Dennise: Grabe kakusog akong corpus luteum
Farina: What?! What do you mean by that?
Dennise: umm, ok, kusog kaayo akong white blood, hehehehe. Grabe man gyud imong WHAT?!
Farina: Tingala pud ko. Kay the corpus luteum is that thing that's responsible for producing progesterone while the placenta is still developing and unable to produce its own progesterone. So mao nang WHAT?! kaayo ang reaction nako.
Dennise: So this isn't corpus luteum?
Farina: NO.


FASHION & COSMETICS

Farina: That was my initial point kay that blue is also right around my color. Kay nobody wants light blue and Dianne already has the dark blue. Mag-huot ta sa mid-blue. Mangita nalang siguro ko ug muted electric blue. Think electric blue blouse nga nabasa sa tubig so dili ra kaayo siya hayag. Now how to explain that to the tindera sa textile store...
Julette: hahahaha di ko ka imagine!!!
Farina: "Miss, aha inyong basa nga electric blue?"
Dennise: LOL. Aaahhhhh I miss this!
Farina: Tindera:"Di man mi gabaligya ana ma'am kay makakuryente man kung bas-on ang electric blue." WHAPAK! Corny kaayo...
Dennise: ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Julette: lol pero in fair fart nakakatawa ko hehe
Dennise: ako sad!!!!!!!!!!

Farina: I'm watching makeup videos ba and for some reason, gasapoton ko ug paminaw aning mga tweeners talking about how it's so important "to use Urban Decay primer before applying eye makeup." And that it's "an absolute must to replace the plastic cover for the brush to protect the bristles."
Dennise: LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Farina: And then naa'y FIVE MINUTE video on how to curl your hair with a flat iron when all she's saying is, "Get a portion of your hair, twist then pull. " Then repeats that same line over and over and over... until mahuman.
Dennise: ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!
Farina: Maulaw ko. Over the fact that I'm actually watching these things to look adult for your wedding.
Dennise: LOLOLOLOLOL! I can imagine man oi you trying to hold it all in thru a 5 min twist then pull script!!!!

SPEECH AND LANGUAGE

Dennise: Karsten and I have been playing wordtwist.org online. boogle equivalent
Farina: LOL. bOOgle.
Dennise: :P. And we have learned soooo many new words!!! TAE is worth 6 points since it's an ultra rare word.

Farina: Hahahaha! I think it's hard to maintain a conversation with me if you're talking about something I'm not interested in. Kay I just nod and smile.
Dennise: LOL
Farina: Mao na ang usual first impressions sa mga people in college nako kay snob or something. Which they later retracted once they got to know me. Which is my problem with meeting new people. Dili kaayo ko the type to make an effort to carry the conversation ba. I mean, sure, if you're talking about plankton, I'll jump in pero bahyet, if I have no idea what you're talking about, just count on me to smile or laugh when appropriate.
Dennise: hihihihihihihihihih. Plankton conversations with people you just met, LOL (chuckle). Maayo kaayo ko ana oi... even with things that don't interest me. Amazing lagi how much crap i can take
Farina: There are some people like that jud no? I can tell ra ba. Do you know ____?
Dennise: yes of course
Farina: She's SOOOOOOO good at looking interested at what you're talking about. Ako sad, even though I can tell she's just faking the interested look, padayon ra pud ko storya because I like talking about things I like.
Dennise: LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!
Farina: Kebs if maboang siya ug hunahuna sa mga plankton ug thesis nako diha.

Farina: This takes me back to that time you said, "You're such a bitch when I get so affected when you correct me but when I correct you, it's not a big deal!"
Dennise: i said that?! when???
Farina: college
Dennise: Don't remember. You're making that up
Farina: I am NOT!
Dennise: yes you are
Farina: That was said in loving jest.
Dennise: You're prone to making things up. i know you... (nod)
Farina: But I remember that kay that was the first time anybody's ever called me a bitch.: SO I AM NOT MAKING IT UP!
Dennise: naaahhhh. You are lying about being the first time ever to be called a bitch!
Farina: What do you mean, "Naaaahh"?!
Dennise: Why wouldn't people call u a bitch?!
Farina: Who said lugar beh? I AM A LOVING, KIND, AND NICE PERSON GODDAMMIT!
Dennise: (smirk) hmmmm, let's see... there's a lot of people actually! melissa! and karen! and george!!
Farina: LOL! Animas! Andrew! Scott! Godofredo!
Dennise: Miraflor!!! LOL! Junalyn!
Farina: Jessica! (pronounced jisika). Dah, wala naman ni pulos nga storya.

Dennise: ahay, remembering Jimmy oi. King gyud cya ana. Pina, "nindot kaayo ang ambulance dni oi" (ambience). "this feels like a rendezvous actually happened". Iyang friend pasabot kay deja vu
Farina: gets nako gang. I know English, too.


SPORTS

Farina: tried to catch the basketball virus pero gang, BORED kaayo ko gatan-aw sa games. I was only there in support of the Marisse and Julette crushes.
Dennise: I read a book once while a game was ongoing. On a Xavier court at that.
Farina: Siguro, I'd enjoy a basketball game if they started flying and shooting the ball using martial arts.
Dennise: LOL. ROFL. feste. martial arts. LOL. tabang

Farina: I love that you have woods.
Dennise: let's bike to the forest! Does everybody know how to bike?
Farina: I remember that I knew how to bike when I was 12 and apparently, you never forget. So I'm counting on that.
Dennise: naa man rent a bike dani. pick it up somewhere in town and just leave it anywhere in town. They will give u a code to input on it and it will lock it self
Farina: Like Transformers? Hihihi..


TRAVEL

Farina: But Marrion's probably not going. Daghan man to siya drama about checking his sked and clearing it with Marikarr or something.
Dennise: sucks :(
Farina: Who do you really really REALLY want to be there kay we can probably mess with them until they go. Hehehe...
Dennise: LOL

Dennise: But Far, you can't be that unlucky daw ingon ni Karsten. We're trying to understand how those flights could not be available for you.
Farina: Anyway, going on March 18 is just a minor hiccup. Malingaw man pud siguro mi ni Marisse mag-laag laag sa Cebu. (Suya!) And just checked it. That wasn't there ganiha. I don't think I hallucinate all that much.
Dennise: Karsten really thinks you're on drugs.
Farina: Tell Karsten that even if I were on drugs, I think I have a better imagination than to just hallucinate about flight promos.
Dennise: Karsten thinks you just need an excuse for a night out in Cebu.
Farina: I do NOT! Marisse is the one who suggested the night out in Cebu in the first place.
Dennise: He doesn't believe you.
Farina: I thought we would take the last flight on March 18 but she wanted an earlier flight so more time for larag.
Dennise: He thinks you wanna get laid
Farina: And no. Getting laid is so not on my mind right now. Except for that one time when I dreamt about... NO. KARSTEN's THERE. Not saying another word.


ENTERTAINMENT

Farina: I have a psychotically faithful heart. I NEVER seriously crush on two people at the same time.
Dennise: ME TOO FAR. I never seriously crush on 2 people at the same time. Murag walay point mga daydreams nimo
Farina: As in. Crush-crush lang, daghan. Kanang mga artista, singer, lalake nga nalabyan nimo sa ketkai...
Dennise: LOL. ARTISTA!!!!!!!!!

Dennise: watchadoin?
Farina: chatting with you.
Dennise: aside from that
Farina: shamefully watching clips of pinoy teenybopper romances
Dennise: i am reading michelle's dentist entry
Farina: "Diba lahat naman nang nagmamahal nagpapaka-tanga? Eh di tanga na kung tanga! Mahal kita, bogs!" Yatiiiii...
Dennise: pisti bah oiii. amaw na gyud ka far as in. nanimarot akong balibo. grrrr

Dennise: too many stupid quizzes on fb i swear. what myth are u? What is your ideal weapon?
Farina: I know. stupid ra ba kaayo ang uban. One said that I would die on October. 2008. Wa na. Patay na ko.
Dennise: LOL. ROFL. omg this is sooo funny. LOL. help
Farina: LOL!
Dennise: i hate the results of the stupid tests. i am not publishing them!
Farina: Mao. My favorite subject in Medicine is Anesthesia because I like to spend my time at home sleeping. I am Lady Macbeth because I can't decide between pink and blue. My parents should have named me Miley. My Japanese name is Sachiko. My favorite weapon is a sword. I am a caramel macchiato.
Dennise: LOL
Farina: One of these days, a quiz will come out saying I am a goat because I prefer pencils to ballpens. Or something like that.


WEATHER

Farina: Leche, gaka-imagine nako that you're still grilling bisan ga-thunderstorm.
Dennise: lol
Farina: Yelling at each other over the loud thunder.
Dennise: LOL. if drizzle lang, ok ra, magpayong si karsten. LOL
Farina: "HOW DO YOU WANT YOUR BURGERS?!"
Dennise: LOL
Farina: "WHAT?! DO I WANT IT BIGGER?!"
Dennise: LOOOOOOL!
Farina: "NO! BURGERS!"
Dennise: LOLLOLOLOL. eennnuuuuuffffffff
Farina: okay. enough.

So, here goes. Here goes my public proposal for the GWNN girls, made in public, guaranteed to make you agree, else everything gets awkward and my 580 Facebook friends will lash at you for rejecting me yet again.

Do you, Julette/Marisse/Dennise, agree to have a real chat night on October 17, 2010 at 9PM, GMT +8?

(But you can just PM me if you're really not free... LOL! Chickening out...)

No comments: