Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Why I'm starting to think using Lysol as a body spray is a good idea.


Call me unproductive but my choices of things to do when I'm bored range from mindless internet surfing, to reading senseless books, to watching *stoopid* movies and tv series. This is not to include Purposeful Internet Searches in The Pursuit of Knowledge, Reading of Profound or Mysterious Books That Stimulate The Mind, and Viewing of Award-Winning Films That Give Insights Into Humanity. Those I actually schedule and plan, with snacks on the side. (Because all meaningful activities need snacks.)

But for the past few weeks, there have been precious little opportunities to be bored. And who would be, really? Not if you're at the hospital practically everyday, getting kicked in the face while inserting IV lines, avoiding huge hulking males who throw tantrums (as well as drinking glasses), trying to stop babies from coming out of vaginas because the obstetrician hasn't arrived.... yes, hospital life can be pretty exciting, if not terribly exhausting. (And just now, EARTHQUAKE! See??? Exciting.)

Anyway, since days off are very rare luxuries at the moment, I spend it doing whatever the hell I want, regardless of its level of productivity. Some mornings, just before taking a bath, it feels nice to just say, "Hey, I think I'll just stare at the ceiling for an hour. Maybe two.", and I just do it. Stare at the ceiling and think about totally random things like why I have the eyelashes of a boy or why my wrists never get fat.

I don't know. It's the same as last year. I always get busier during the Christmas season. I'm never at home and when I am, it's only to sleep and recharge until the next duty. I feel like I've changed residence. Sometimes, I just want to start begging for a change in scenery, any scenery.

I really should get out of this hospital for a while. I'm beginning to get addicted to the surgically sterile smell of the white Lysol. (But it really does smell awesome. I want to spray it on my face.)

No comments: