Thursday, December 23, 2010

A non-lucid (KCS) interval

I usually blog in my head. At odd times in the day. I might be writing discharge summaries and suddenly I think to write about how the security guard refers *everyone* to the ER for any and all inquiries, as if we held all the answers, including the number for KFC deliveries. (We usually do. Know everything, I mean. Even fastfood delivery hotline numbers. Mostly out of eventual necessity. >_> Damn you, mister security guard guy!)

Then these tiny bits of mental writing get pieced together when I am in the mood and have enough time to blog. However, a constant problem is the matter of TIME. If I'm busy enough, the things I want to blog about eventually get spoiled and lose their flavor, like a glass of cola left on the kitchen counter. The humor, if there ever was any, fizzles out. Then I don't want to blog about it anymore because then it would just be stupid. And don't tell, but I don't like sounding stupid. Crazy, I can handle. Stupid, not so much.

Another problem is that lately, since I've been serially watching, well, korean tv series, my mental blogging has been confined to what Dennise refers to as Korean Crazy Shit. She says that I shouldn't talk about it so much if I want people to believe I'm not crazy. And she has a point. I am a doctor after all and people need to know that the people medicating them don't need to be medicated themselves.

However, if I keep it all in, all that Korean wai-ness bursts out eventually and I end up sputtering short bursts of random hangul like some sort of Korean Tourette's. (It has happened, don't you dare laugh. Especially words that involve the letter L. It is both cute and ridiculous how they pronounce Ls like they're trying to speak with a fistful of lozenges in their mouth.)

Actually, I am itching to talk about this new series I'm watching but like I said, I'm not supposed to talk about it because Dennise said it would be such a turnoff but... but... maybe I'll just approach it tangentially so as not to appear like I'm bombarding people with KCS... and oh, look at that! A poster! Of some random asian series! It looks to be Korean. And it stars two girls. Wait, that other one's a boy! (This is actually the whole point of my even mentioning this. I am crushing on both the male and female lead. And what's even weirder is, the guy looks like a girl. I don't know which is stranger --- that I have a singular fascination with cute girls ever since that Akazukin ChaCha anime I followed in high school OR that I am getting starry-eyed over a guy that looks like a cute girl. Kang Moo-Kyul! *screamfaints*)


Oh, well. That was me trying not to talk about my crazy obsessions. Sorry.

No comments: