Monday, February 28, 2011

S/P Hiatus


I know I haven't blogged for 2 months and it's not because the loss of my Xperia left me too depressed to write anything. Speaking of, I bought another one. Another pink Xperia, I mean. I couldn't stand the heartbreak for more than a month. And I bought the exact same one. My heart didn't leap in anticipation this time, what with the knowledge that this is simply a replacement, a "rebound phone" if you will. Sometimes, looking at it makes me sad. I still wish that thief falls on a pile of poop. It's only fair.

Anyway, it's not like there isn't anything to blog about. I just got back from chasing schoolgirls at Causeway Bay, delivered a baby that was so small it practically shot out of her mom's vagina, ate and disliked the new KFC Cheesy Bacon Twister, fawned all over Siena in Junior Master Chef Australia, experimented with scrambled eggs as a result of insecurities surfacing after watching Junior Master Chef Australia, got sufficiently drunk with tequila and some other rum thing, cut my hair but not significantly enough for anyone to notice, sat through a painful Bieber Glee episode, burned through 3 korean tv series already, AND I bought Lysol. See? Exciting.

I blog in my head all the time. My mind is a constellation of blog entries, superimposing over one another, thoughts jumping synapses or whatever it is that thoughts do on their free time. The problem is translating those thoughts onto the internet. I don't have access to the internet at all times of the day, I don't like making drafts and I rather prefer typing over writing with a pen. I just type faster than I can write and well, I write better when I type. Which probably explains the quality of my diary entries in high school. (My Larrion stories still make me laugh, though.)

However, now that I have the time (and the inclination) to blog, I don't feel like talking of things past. That particular window has closed and well, right now, life is so-so. The highlight of my day today is reading about Danie wanting to call her baby sister SPAGHETTI which, while decidedly a yummy treat, really isn't something you should call a human being. Sure, work is relatively exciting. People dying, people living, people yelling that they are dying but really aren't, and people saying they aren't dying but actually are. But then again, if you encounter that everyday, that kind of makes it boring and humdrum. (No offense to people dying. You know what I mean.)

Last Friday was one of my rare days off and you know what I did for "fun"? I went to the supermarket to randomly buy things. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being a brat. Life can't be this boring. Or maybe I'm just so looking forward to what I'm sure will be a super-fun 6-week vacation a couple of months from now that anything in between kind of pales in comparison. :/

No comments: